Doctor Who is back on the big screen with the Series 8 Premiere – DEEP BREATH – on 25 August in cinemas throughout the US and Canada.
Peter Capaldi’s first full episode as the Doctor - Deep Breath - will be screened in cinemas around the world from 23 August 2014.
This year’s screenings follow the success of the global cinema release of Doctor Who’s 50th anniversary episode The Day of the Doctor which was screened in over 1500 cinemas around the world, allowing fans to come together to watch the show like never before.
Steven Moffat comments, “Last November the Doctor didn’t just conquer the world on television, he did it in the cinemas too. And like the show-off he is, he can’t resist another go - one taste of the silver screen is never enough. On August 23rd the new Doctor will begin his new adventures on BBC One and in cinemas all over the world. Movie-land beware - Capaldi is coming to get you!” [x]
You can find out more information on global cinema screenings at the doctorwho.tv dedicated cinema page as information arrives.
One more day until Daht Inc’s Arizona’s Got Dance Workshop!
Dance & Health Focused
This is DAHT’s fourth annual celebration of National Dance Day! The Workshop is completely dance and health focused this year. We recognize many events are occurring on National Dance Day, but this Workshop is unique. It is not going to be a typical dance event full of teacher’s choreography and styled combinations, it will be true dance and health training that you cannot get anywhere else in the Valley on National Dance Day. From nutrition to preserving one’s mental health, this is an event that dancers will not want to miss. Plus, the National Dance Day routine will be taught and filmed for anyone who wants to join!
- 12pm Nutrition - Dr. Majera Majidi: This class will help you understand the kinds of food you should eat to help you get the most out of dance and frequent physical activity.
- 1pm FREE NUTRITIONAL LUNCH
- 2pm Strength, Agility, Conditioning - Dr. Majera Majidi: This class will focus on increasing strength, learning about agility, and how conditioning can help you with both.
- 3pm Injury Prevention - Tracy Puddy: Although dance can help your mind and body’s health in many ways, injuries are prevalent with trained dancers. Why is that? This class will help you understand how to utilize dance and its health benefits.
- 4pm The S.E.E.D. Method - Tracy Puddy: S.E.E.D. stands for strengthen, elongate, exercise through dance. This class will help you learn how to stretch appropriately, execute minute ballet exercises, utilize cardio practices, and how to “cool down” toward the end of class.
- 5pm Holistic Medicine / Mind and Body Attention - Dr. Joel Brame: This class will help you understand wholistic medicine, healing, and preparation to utilize your body AND mind appropriately throughout dance practices.
- 6pm National Dance Day Routine - Lisa Eardley: Well of course we are going to teach the National Dance Day routine on National Dance Day! This is a day to celebrate dance in our great nation, so anyone and everyone should join!
Center Pointe Dance Academy
4825 E. Warner Rd., #11
Phoenix, AZ 85044
- $10 per class if you register on or before July 18th ($60 for the whole day)
- $11 per class if you register between July 19th - July 25th ($65 for the whole day)
- $12 per class if you register on the day of the event ($70 for the whole day)
- You can drop in on the day of the event, but it will be cheaper if you pre-register before July 26th
Arizona’s Got Dance is just two days away!
July 26th is National Dance Day! Come join DAHT Inc for a day of awesome dance and health classes, such as Injury Prevention and the S.E.E.D. method, including a chance to learn and perform the official Dizzy Feet Foundation National Dance Day routine!
We can’t wait to see you Saturday!